~ DARE to BE DIFFERENT... but always BE YOURSELF! ~

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Filipino Does It Again...


I know this is a very much delayed post, but still worth blogging about.

Yes, fifteen-year-old Eumir Marcial bagged the gold in the Light Bantamweight (52kg) Division of the recently concluded AIBA Junior World Boxing Championships held in Astana, Kazakstan.  He bested the contenders from Turkey (2nd Place, Silver), Korea and Belarus (tied at 3rd Place, Bronze), and he is the first Filipino to do so.

I was teary-eyed as I was watched the latter portion of the video below.  I felt so gallantly proud when the Philippine flag was raised (together with those of the other winners) as the Philippine National Anthem played.  I can't help but feel so damn proud!




PROUD TO BE PINOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...