~ DARE to BE DIFFERENT... but always BE YOURSELF! ~

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Beauty: La Femme


I have very limited knowledge of beauty products.  Heck, I don't even know how to put on make-up!  I have sensitive skin so I rarely use cosmetics.  But there are some products that I just swear by.

1.  Burt's Bees Lip Balm
My lips have the tendency to become dry.  For me, this lip balm is the all-in-one remedy for dry, chapped, or windburned lips.  I just apply it at night before bedtime and voila! the dryness is gone come morning.


2.  C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint
This one I use before I put on lipstick.  I am not comfortable with the sticky feel of most lipsticks so I need to moisturize before applying them.  What's more, it gives a slight tingle because of its peppermint ingredient, and a slight gloss and a nice tint to your lips.


3.  Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder
Clinique is the only brand (so far) I'm comfortable using on my face.  This powder has a nice matte effect for oily skin like mine.  Some friends told me that VMV is also quite gentle to sensitive skin but I haven't tried that one yet.


4.  Ever Bilena Lip & Cheek Tint
I use this local brand as it does not irritate my skin.  It easily blends and you can always re-apply anytime of the day.  For my purposes, one application in the morning already lasts me the whole day.  By the way, lipsticks are also great as a blush.  It doesn't easily wear off.


5.  Nina Ricci Moisturizing Lipstick
I definitely swear by this one!  I am quite fair so I use the color# which perfectly suits me.  This is one of those lipsticks I especially like because it's easy to apply and does not leave that sticky feel I so dislike.


6.  Clinique Mascara
I don't often use mascara because I have allergic conjunctivitis so my eyes easily get red and irritated.  But whenever I do, I use this brand as it adds volume to my lashes.  I like that it's waterproof so the color doesn't run off on my face.


7.  I have yet to find me a good concealer.  I didn't see the need for it before, but now, I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...