~ DARE to BE DIFFERENT... but always BE YOURSELF! ~

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Switchfoot


Switchfoot is coming to Manila in April.  I really don't know who they are but a billboard caught my eye.  I thought to myself - Nice name! Catchy. - without knowing what it actually means.  I later learned that they are an American alternative rock band from California, and that "switchfoot" is a surf term which means "to take a new stance facing the opposite direction" (you learn something new everyday!).  They became popular when four of their songs were included in the movie "A Walk to Remember" and yet another song as part of the original soundtrack of "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian." 

I listened to their songs via Youtube and they became instant favorites. 

I like these songs from the movie "A Walk to Remember"...






The song from "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian"...




My favorites from the album "Hello Hurricane"...







If you want to learn more about Switchfoot, check out their website - www.switchfoot.com or their Facebook page - www.facebook.com/switchfoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...