~ DARE to BE DIFFERENT... but always BE YOURSELF! ~

Friday, March 18, 2011

I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore


The movie “I am Number Four” has been recently shown in theaters and I read reviews that it does not do much justice to the book. I was curious but didn't watch the movie yet as I want to read the book before I do.  It’s actually a story/book meant for young adults but I was so into it that I didn't put it down until I was through!

It's the story of John Smith (Number Four), one of the 9 Gardes tasked to save planet Lorien... or what's left of it.  When the Mogadorians attacked Lorien, Number Four & eight other Gardes like him, together with their mentors (called Cepan), escaped to Earth and scattered in different places in the planet.  The Mogadorians followed them to Earth to kill them. But protected by the Lorien charm, the nine Gardes can only be killed in order.  The first three are already dead.  Number Four is next.



I breezed through the book because the events, as they unravel, keep you glued to it and make you look forward to what’s going to happen next.  The alien fight scenes were described in detail that you can imagine them as if you were watching a movie.  But more than being a book on alien invasion, it also speaks of lasting friendships, teenage love, trust, courage, and hope.  Over all, a very good read - for someone who is interested in fantasy, that is.


UPDATE: Finally got to watch the movie and I must say that although a lot of circumstances in the book were not adapted to the letter, the movie turned out great!  Very nice CGI effects, too!  A must-see for every fantasy geek.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...