~ DARE to BE DIFFERENT... but always BE YOURSELF! ~

Friday, July 1, 2011

Oh my VANS!!!


I'm so glad the classic and comfy VANS footwear is now back in the Philippines.  I used to have a few pairs of these from way back when...  As a teener, I loved these sneakers 'coz it goes well with almost every piece of clothing I own.  I am a t-shirt and jeans/shorts person (even now) and during my time, it was this basic slip-on that is the staple footwear.

The Classic Slip-on


Ladies Slip-on


Now, it has been replaced by the popular (though I wonder why) flip flops or Havaianas, which, for the life of me, I can't understand why they are so pricey.  Hey, it's no more than the regular rubber house slippers!  Crocs, I can understand, but flip flops?! (no offense meant, just objective observation)

Back then, Vans shoes mostly come in solid colors and a few other styles.  It was as basic as the slippers and each and every teenager I know would always have at least a pair.




And now, they are back... with a vengeance...

For there are a lot more in store for the young and "young at heart." 

Vans ERA

There are these cute printed ones, for a start...


And Vans Tees, which are so artistically-designed, by the way...

 Not to mention bags, bags, bags...





I'm pretty sure people of my generation would be thrilled to know that they can once again slip into a pair of this good ol' sneakers (and more)... I am!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...