~ DARE to BE DIFFERENT... but always BE YOURSELF! ~

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Nishnippon Shimbun Interviews Jang Keun Suk & Kim Ha Neul


credit: KSC
English translation (from Chinese): Sarah Ye of Eels Club International


Relationships can be concave and convex



Interview with Actor: Kim Ha Neul (33) and Actor/Singer: Jang Geun Suk (24)

The two were the leading actors in the movie “You’re My Pet.”

K: Geunjiang is very young. He debuted in very early years, so even if he is younger, actually he took care of me a lot. During shooting he was always very cheerful. I think because of this, he got the success he has today.

J: On the site, I’m always so enthusiastic. I learnt from nuna how to put feelings into acting and how to switch the mood.

A professional woman lives under one roof with her pet – a male dancer. She can be healed by the cute pet; she can spoil the pet as well. It’s kind of a colorful relationship between the two of them.

K: In the movie, it’s not only the relationship of an owner and her pet, it is also an interpersonal relationship and a relationship between a woman and a man. Because of these concave and convex relationships, it makes the story very interesting.

J: Yes, they are concave and convex relationships. When I was reading the script, I can see “a pet”, he is very cute and he also has grown with the love. I have a pet –Suni, I tried to observe from Suni’s point of view to see how to get more love from the owner.

K: I think “the pet” in the movie YMP is more romantic. He is very lovely and cute, but he also has his manly side. Actually, in the movie, they gave an ideal image of a man to a woman. This role suits Geunjang perfectly.

Geunjang’s mature charisma and young cute image has attracted so many fans.

J: When I look at the camera, to me it is not only a camera. Behind it, there are the eyes of all the audiences. Because of this, in front of camera, I show complete myself to the audience.

Last year, you debuted as a singer and became #1 on the Oricon chart.

J: The singer and actor side of me is like a switch when I feel low. But as soon as I stand on the stage to sing, I will be cheerful again. Right now, I’m preparing a new album.

To Ha Neul Chan, do you have this kind of switch, too?

K: I’m always only an actor so I don’t have this kind switch. But even I am only playing a role, I can still pull myself out of it very fast to show the real side of me. I want to build a “soul garden” in the depths of my heart.

What kind of role would you like to play in the future, what kind of profession?

J: I want to play an owner, a cold and cruel owner (laughs). I will travel between Korea and Japan a lot in the future. I hope I won’t need a translator to communicate with you guys so I’m trying hard to learn Japanese.

K: I still want to play an owner, even more ferocious (laughs). I will raise the pet up. This suits me well.

[End]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...